Jun 22, 2022
In this episode, The Annuity Man
- Not everyone needs to be exposed
- Bonds and market volatility
- Looking into lifetime income
- Questions to ask your advisor
- Financial advisors tend to advise their clients
to do 60% equity and 40% bond split or that they always have some
exposure, but it doesn’t apply to everybody. People who’ve won the
game don’t have to keep playing.
- Bonds aren’t fool-proof; they go down in value
if interest rates go up. If you’ve already accumulated enough to
live the life you want and don’t want to tie yourself into any
risks or volatility, then don’t. You have that
- If peeling off the interest rate isn’t an
option for you, then why not look into lifetime income? You can
structure your annuity where your money doesn’t have to go to the
annuity company when you die. There are so many ways you can
structure the contract in a way that achieves your
- Advisors get paid assets under management,
which is why they want you to dip into the market. Ask your advisor
if you have enough money to live off. From a fiduciary standpoint,
they’ll have to look at the money and tell you honestly if you are
able to do that.
"Plan for when you win the game to stop playing the
game. Look up at the scoreboard; you won!"
— Stan The Annuity Man.
Connect with The Annuity Man:
Get a Quote Today: https://www.stantheannuityman.com/annuity-calculator!